Simple Caviar Scones Recipe
If you are looking for a delicious and easy way to enjoy caviar, you should try this simple caviar scones recipe. Scones are buttery and flaky pastries that are perfect for breakfast, brunch, or tea time. They are also very versatile and can be paired with various toppings, such as jam, cream, cheese, or caviar.
Caviar is a delicacy made from salted fish eggs, usually from sturgeon. There are many types of caviar, such as kaluga caviar, siberian sturgeon caviar, and royal osetra caviar. Each type has its own flavor, texture, and color. Caviar is rich in protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and antioxidants, making it a healthy and luxurious treat.
In this recipe, we will use premium caviars from a reputable caviar company (sturcaviar.com)that sources its products from sustainable and ethical farms. You can choose your favorite type of caviar or try a variety of them to compare and contrast. The caviar will add a burst of saltiness and creaminess to the scones, creating a mouthwatering contrast.
How much time will it take to prepare the recipe?
This recipe is very simple and quick to make. It will take you about 10 minutes to prepare the ingredients and 15 minutes to bake the scones. You will also need to let the scones cool slightly before serving them with caviar. The total time for this recipe is 30 minutes.
What are the ingredients required to prepare the recipe?
To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup of heavy cream, plus more for brushing
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of caviar of your choice, or more if desired
Step by step process how to prepare the recipe
To make this recipe, you will need to follow these steps:
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the butter and use a pastry cutter or your fingers to cut it into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cream, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the cream mixture. Stir gently with a fork until a soft dough forms. Do not overmix.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead it a few times until smooth. Pat it into a 9-inch circle and cut it into 8 wedges.
- Place the wedges on the prepared baking sheet and brush the tops with some cream.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Let the scones cool slightly on a wire rack before serving them with caviar.
Enjoy your caviar scones with some tea or champagne and savor the exquisite taste. You can also store the leftover scones in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze them for up to 3 months. To reheat them, simply microwave them for a few seconds or toast them in the oven.